Like Bitcoin, Litecoin is a Bitcoin fork primarily used for international transactions. Litecoin uses a different mining algorithm to counter specialised mining equipment, resulting in a shorter average block time of 2.5 minutes compared to Bitcoin’s 10 minutes. Litecoin has a maximum supply of four times larger than Bitcoin. In this article, we reviewed information for those looking for where to buy Litecoin.
- Before you go off to buy Litecoin, you will need a wallet to store it in.
- So, before putting your hard-earned cash into crypto, conduct thorough research on the assets.
- You cannot use a debit or credit card to buy Litecoin using this platform, but you can complete a bank deposit.
- It is an easy-to-use software designed specifically for Litecoin.
- For instance, if you bought LTC at $100 and the price surged to $168, you would have made a $68 profit.
- The ideal situation is when the exchange is registered in its country of operation.
- These devices store your assets offline, making it almost impossible for hackers to breach without any human error.
A conversion fee may be charged for deposits in other currencies than the account-denominated currency. There are more than 160 cryptocurrencies available, and you can set up regular automatic purchases or limit orders without commitment or blocked funds. The mobile https://www.tokenexus.com/ app makes it easy to manage your portfolio and trade from anywhere. Litecoin, like several other crypto protocols, is decentralized and built on blockchain technology. The asset permits the transfer of value digitally and is not controlled by any central authority.
How to buy Litecoin cryptocurrency with Paypal?
Most importantly, Eightcap offers an advanced trading interface to fulfill the diverse requirements of traders while trading assets like Litecoin. However, although Eightcap has amazing tools for buying LTC, the platform’s fee rates are considerably higher than previously mentioned options. Cryptocurrencies can fluctuate widely in prices and are, therefore, not appropriate for all investors. Trading cryptocurrencies is not supervised by any EU regulatory framework. Any trading history presented is less than 5 years old unless otherwise stated and may not suffice as a basis for investment decisions. Revolut
is a fintech company that provides banking services through an app.
The development team behind the project says that only 84 million LTCs will ever be mined, and so far, 79% are in circulation. Digital assets with a hard-capped limit are known to retain their value over time. Before Bitcoin and digital currencies advent, investors bought gold bars, stocks, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) to preserve their wealth and hedge against inflation. Still, the silver digital currency is among the top twenty most valuable cryptocurrencies, with a market cap of over $11 billion. And like Bitcoin, Litecoin is highly liquid, and you can trade against significant pairs like US dollars and stablecoins like USDT on various crypto exchanges globally. Exmo supports Litecoin purchases and also offers a range of payment options.
Things to consider before buying Litecoin
Have you found any other interesting ways to purchase Litecoins? The bottom line for Coinbase is this – if they are supported in your country, they are probably the cheapest and fastest option for buying Litecoin. Coins are sent almost instantly once the buying process is completed. Ever since Litecoin was created back in 2011, it was considered Bitcoin’s popular younger brother.
You should not invest more than you can afford to lose and you should ensure that you fully understand the risks involved. Before trading, please take into consideration your level of experience, investment objectives, and seek independent financial advice if necessary. It is your responsibility to how to buy litecoin ascertain whether you are permitted to use the services of Binance based on the legal requirements in your country of residence. You’ll also find information about how to use a crypto platform, the investment potential of LTC, payment methods, wallets, and UK laws and tax guidance around Litecoin.
Litecoin Price Prediction: What Is the Future of LTC?
Plus500 is very secure; it offers a two-step login authentication for security purposes. Miners (as they are called) are given block rewards in the network’s currency for validating transactions. Lee said that the idea behind the project is that Litecoin is the “silver” to Bitcoin’s “gold.” Meaning Litecoin is a lighter version of the Bitcoin network. This new algorithm enables the Litecoin network to process transactions faster. Litecoin can validate and add users’ transactions to the blockchain in 2.5 minutes, shaving off more than ¾ of the time it takes Bitcoin to confirm one transaction on its network. One final thing you may want to do is look into crypto wallets where you can store it.
- Unlike CEX.io, Coimama does not use an order book but fulfills orders from its wallet.
- Litecoin mining is used in order to update the ledger of Litecoin transactions, Just like Bitcoin Mining.
- Several hot coins or cryptos are shilled by social media influencers and public figures and dumped when the price reaches a peak.
- This was also influenced by the negative supply shock following its halving event.
When the purchase is complete, they might own full Litecoins or partial coins. For example, if Litecoin is trading at £100 and they want to invest £50, they’ll own 0.5 LTC. To use Kraken, you first deposit your funds, complete a trade for Litecoin, and, finally, withdraw any remaining funds or transfer your Litecoin to your Litecoin wallet. Investors can make a cash deposit at a bank or just pay cash for a Flexepin voucher that is prepaid. The top platform to buy LTC in the United Kingdom is Coinbase, owing to its straightforward buying process. You can also try out Coinbase Pro if you want to use advanced trading tools.
After that, the cryptocurrency suffered extensively from the crypto market crash and lost its value following Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies. LTC’s price continued to decrease over the second half of 2022, and for a time, it was even traded below $50. Although Revolut focuses on simple transactions, the platform also provides cryptocurrency services. Users can convert crypto to fiat currency in only a matter of seconds. Exodus is a non-custodial wallet that supports Litecoin and other cryptocurrencies. It provides users complete control over their private keys, is compatible with multiple devices, and offers in-built token swaps for seamless cryptocurrency trading.
- The right Litecoin exchange is not only trustworthy, but they’re also easy to use in terms of onboarding, payment, and trading.
- Litecoin is a digital asset that can be used as an asset class when building a diversified portfolio.
- This service has fast sign-up processes and simple interfaces for buying LTC, making it ideal for beginners.
- We may receive compensation from our partners for placement of their products or services.
- Litecoin was never intended to replace Bitcoin, according to its founder Charlie Lee.
While some exchanges like Binance have low commission rates, they mostly don’t accept fiat currency. To provide a fair comparison, our guide will only focus on exchanges, allowing you to buy Litecoin with a debit or credit card. Guarda Wallet is a highly secure crypto wallet that supports Litecoin and other digital assets. It offers a user-friendly interface, excellent customer support, and various features for managing and earning interest in digital assets. While it charges transaction fees for in-app purchases, it allows customisable fees for users. Our guide will focus on exchanges that allow you to purchase Litecoin with traditional currency.